On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:53:31 -0600 (CST), Andrew Kieschnick

>If the problem is caused by a BUG is your ***, then its a solution,
>and the selection problem is caused by buggy window managers. I know
>kwm and icewm both suffered from this bug at some point.

Generally, problems with using selection modifier keys are the result
of window managers which grab control+button.  The solution is to fix
your window manager configuration.

I have no ideas what needs to be done for Windows.  Gimp32 is terribly
alpha and very few of us even give a damn about it, let alone care to
fix bugs specific to that version. :)