Keep in mind I think this is also a wise step with this new contract
system. Valve certainly doesn't want to make it easy for people to find
empty Valve servers with their friends and jump on to complete the
contracts with little or no effort.

I think this is a great first step towards helping communities that are
still passionate about making the game better. I would love to see the
overall User Interface augmented with something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/tAmWXj6.png

That would preserve player choice/convenience with the quickplay system,
yet give the game's diversity more exposure in the bargain.