For those who might know what the output of the 7z command-line tool means, the
first thing reported by 7z for that IBM archive is this:

7-Zip [64] 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Listing archive: zOS-V2R2-Collection-k4t4949b.zip

--
Path = zOS-V2R2-Collection-k4t4949b.zip
Type = 7z

Note the type says it is "7z", not "zip".  I used the same command on a file I
know for a fact is in zip format:

7-Zip [64] 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Listing archive: XXXXXXXX.ZIP

--
Path = XXXXXXXX.ZIP
Type = zip