From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Norman Hollander on Desertwiz
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: ABO Automatic Binary Optimizer

Coming from the banking and Utilities background, it was required that any
changes made in a
production environment be tested prior to implementation, and include backout
While I believe that ABO can very much help old COBOL modules (and even those
sites that don't
have corresponding source code), it is a change.  Your industry may have
different compliance
requirements.  From a performance analyst perspective, I'd have much interest
in the before and
after effect of implanting ABO.  Seems like a good session for SHARE for anyone
who can collect the

attachments from your system.

send email to with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN