From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ABO Automatic Binary Optimizer

The idea of making any kind of last-minute change just before production makes
my skin crawl. Even when we (rarely) install an emergency PTF, we insist on
running the code at least on the sandbox and preferably on the development
system before hitting production. I would call it irresponsible to move any
object-code instance to production without at least some testing, including
compiled COBOL.

If I were in charge, OPT would be specified from the get-go. Likewise I would
expect ABO code to be tested at least cursorily before jumping into prime time.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company