If I have understood Tim's response correctly, he is suggesting 2 options:

1) Use the DVD drive on your HMC. In your previous comments you have indicated
that this is almost impossible!!
2) Use any PC (your own desktop?) with a DVD drive which has access to z /OS
LPAR.

Provided you have the right access/authorisation, there is another option to
access the HMC for the management of the Z system. This is via a browser from
any desktop. Somehow I don't think your site will even think about this :-)

As far as I can see, option 2 above might be the one you.

Just a general point. If you are interested, the HMC/Support Element (SE)
network configuration, access and security details can be found in the
following IBM manuals:

1) IBM Z Hardware Management Console Security: SC28-6987-00
2) IBM Z Integrating the Hardware Management Console’s Broadband Remote Support
Facility into your Enterprise: SC28-6986-00
3) Hardware Management Console (HMC) Version 2.14.0

All the above can be obtained from IBM ResourseLink. Customers normally have
access to this website. The manuals also have diagrams showing the different
options for network connectivity including via a Corporate network.