Can you point to where that is documented?
We FTP a lot b.m.o. DFDSS between Sysplexes.

Kees.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Conley
Sent: 06 November 2019 15:46
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Zfs from 1 LPAR to another

On 11/5/2019 6:54 PM, Jousma, David wrote:
> Terse, dont terse, your call.  I have 100% reliability as long as the
> destination disk dataset for the ftp is newly created.  If the destination
> dataset already exists, then yes, there have been problems.
>
> As you mention there are some specific options on the transfer to specify,
> and as long as you do, it will work fine.
>
> Sending the dump file outside the company, probably not bad idea to terse
> since we are all familiar with it.

> _______________________________
>
> Dave Jousma
>
> AVP | Manager, Systems Engineering
> Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand
> Rapids, MI 49546
>
> 616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717
> ________________________________

Dave,

For over a year, I FTP'd a DFDSS dump of my IODF file to every LPAR that needed
it.  Worked fine, until it didn't.  IBM's response to the PMR that I opened is
that the only 100% reliable way to FTP a DFDSS dump file was to terse it first.
 IBM does not support direct FTP of a DFDSS dump file.  So I now terse every
DFDSS dump file before FTPing it to other systems, and I haven't had another
failure in 6 years.  As I said, it will work until it doesn't.

Regards,
Tom Conley

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286