Florin Herinean wrote:

here are my 2c:

1) carefully design your scene. Don't use TransformGroups if you don't plan
to dynamically move the objects bellow. A static branch containing many
TransformGroups is a waste of resources which results in poor performance
and a high memory usage. Collapse whenever possible such static branchgroups
to Shape3D's or, if possible to single geometries.

I thought compiling a scene would walk the scene graph and eliminate
unnecessary Transform groups, and even go as far as to merge a static
tree into a single Shape.  Am I wrong in this?

Mark McKay
--
http://www.kitfox.com