Ha.  Sucka.

I'm no Ruby zealot. You have sadly, and quite immaturely, mistaken a few assertions for a stance. I have enjoyed working with Ruby (when it happens), eclectic as the community is - but, I don't really care what language I have to work with as long as the people around me are cool. The nice thing about being eclectic though is you don't care who wins or loses. I'm not sure why you think this is a game, or even a debate.

Surely, you see the irony in you taking (seemingly personal) offense to the "Java is dead" stick as well as your feeble attempt to start dissin' on me like I'm a 20-something Ruby twerp from Phoenix.

Your 'mvn jetty:run' point is lame. Oh, only if ever thing were a webapp. But, comparing Java to Michael Phelps has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long, long time. Though, giving in a second's thought - Phelps is quite literally a freak of nature. So, I'll give you that Java (JVM, language + platform) is a freak of technology.

Please don't "bite" again...spare us your drivelish-trolling. Though I'm sure Chad would love for more Javites to make fools of themselves.