Hi,

So the point was that the ECW license said "licensed under a license similar to
a General Public
License ("GPL") and at no charge to the public" but GPL allows anybody to start
selling OpenJUMP.

We may by right with the decision but we are alone. GvSIG, Kosmo and QGIS all
seem to come witd ECW dlls.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Stefan Steiniger wrote:

> ok.. found something in our list history on the license.

> http://www.mail-archive.com/jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00616.html

> Thats why we have also a "dummy class" for the nightly build

stefan