I made a new bracket for the Skybeacon earlier today. I intended to let
the paint dry and install tomorrow but I went out after supper and paint
was almost dry enough to handle. With rain in the forecast for the rest
of the week I bit the bullet and installed the unit on the KR. The
mount this time is .032 aluminum instead of the thinner material I used
the first time. That eliminated the need for a stiffener but also made
it harder to bend to vertical after install. I persisted and made it
With the unit installed and programmed , there was no reason not to test
it in flight. All the passing showers had cleared the area but on climb
out there was a significant haze layer starting at 1000 feet AGL. It
went well above the 4000 foot mark that I climbed to and cut visibility
to about 5 miles or so. I applied carb heat as soon as I hit the haze
layer and left it on for the duration of the flight. I never saw
another aircraft target for the entire flight and questioned the
operation of the unit.
When I got home I put in a request for a flight report. It came back
within minutes and showed me at altitude from 600 feet to 4400 feet and
showed the duration of my flight of about 16 minutes. I didn't check
the users guide to know what all the numbers mean but it said any data
highlighted in read means poor performance. There was nothing
highlighted so I guess it works. Time will tell..........
Search the KRnet Archives at https://firstname.lastname@example.org/.
Please see LIST RULES and KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html.
see http://list.krnet.org/mailman/listinfo/krnet_list.krnet.org to change
To UNsubscribe from KRnet, send a message to krnet-le...@list.krnet.org