Justin:

I’m sorry to hear you had trouble signing up, initially.

Currently, we’re using K8sPort.org to request the registration. By
requesting at that site, a few folks are automatically notified and can
send you an invite through the hub, itself. The “instant signup” was
discussed, early on, but the concern there was a potential flood of fake
invites, which occurs fairly regularly, or even individuals creating
multiple accounts.  It’s something we could reconsider, and would be easy
to enable, although it could remove some oversight the hub currently has.

Brian:

Since being announced via a blog post around the 1.6 release, the hub has
already seen close to 500 organic invite requests.  Ideally, getting the K8
port listed at the Kubernetes github, and on more of the formal CNCF
properties would also be very helpful re: sign up rate. I think we’d start
to see the rate increase quite a bit, then.

The integration with github is really key (and powerful), as people can
instantly be recognized for contributions being made to the project once
they link their account. There was also discussion around connecting the
emerging formal contributor levels to the badges/advocate structure of the
K8sport, which I think would help.

I think there’s definitely a way to tie these initiatives together, and
create more opportunities for folks to contribute to great causes (as Lucas
has already done via the K8s port) – while participating in a great
community around a project they love. It’s also worth noting that, for
Meetups and events, the K8sPort allows you to “check in” at the locations
and, in so doing, gain access to event-specific challenges.

Additionally, I’m always more than happy to hop on a quick call anytime to
discuss this, and any input/advice anyone may have.
-RQ

      • Re: ... lucas
      • Re: ... 'David Aronchick' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: ... Alexis Richardson
      • Re: ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: ... Alexis Richardson
      • Re: ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: ... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: ... Justin Santa Barbara
      • Re: ... quacken1983
      • Re: ... Ryan Quackenbush
  • Re: [kubernet... 'Brian Grant' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A