No disagreement  ;-)

Robert Tweed wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "KLGC Studio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I like the way you base your argument on a convenient snippet (taken in
part and out of context),

I was essentially arguing the same point, but disagreeing with the opinion that there are occasions when it is OK to change the user's hardware settings without asking (or even that asking is in itself a suitable get-out for doing so inappropriately). At first glance it appears that this is what you were saying, but having re-read your post it seems I may have been wrong about this, in which case I apologise if my reply seemed unnecessarily argumentative.

Still, applications that change the screen settings without asking or refuse
to work at a different resolution are a pet hate of mine so I will not agree
with anyone who says there are times when it is acceptable outside of a
kiosk. It is not, and programmer laziness or lack of budget is not a good
excuse. An option to change resolution should be just that: an *option*,
instigated by the user _at their request_, that is all.

- Robert