At Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:09:37 +0100, Simon Wistow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[London phone codes]

> It was origially 01 ne c'est pas? Then it changed to 071 (Inner
> London) and 081 (Greater London) then it changed to 0171 and 0181 and
> then finally to 020 7xxx and 020 8xxx - what people don't seem to
> realises is that theoretically someone could move in next to me and
> where I have a number that starts 020 7xxx they could actually have
> 020 4xxx.

That's right. And all of those changes have happened in the last 10
(12? I'm guessing here) years.

And each time we've been told that the changes will cope with the
demand for phone numbers for many years. Which has been a lie.

Dave...
[who has gone thru all of those codes whilst living in London]