On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> * Robin Szemeti ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > IMHO to be of any use certification needs to be HUGE .. eg we need
> > O'Reilly AND Manning behind it or it simply won't fly. We could write a
>
> i think this will end up a slooooow process

umm .. so long as you have a benevolent dictator at the top its not that
slow... :) .. you are hereby elected benevolent dictator :)))

> > very comprehensive set of tests and assesment levels, do all that. It
> > could be the very best thought out, standards based certification for
> > Perl out there .. but without a Major Backer (eg the two afore mentioned
> > companies) its nothing ...
>
> that can wait - stage a. is all that is important for now
>
> > a) Fuck it, Just do it .. ( so thats got the ball rolling)
> > b) get some other groups (eg NY.pm ) involved to get the support of the
> >     Perl community at large
>
> ok, but i wouldn't worry about b. anytime soon, you have to remember
> Larry has said, he'd rather be certified than see perl certification
> (or something similar)

he did ? ... ?? ... dunno..  if its ever going to get there at a
corporate level we need this.

whos is the head perl advocacy bod/guru whatever .. surely someone should
speak to them at some point too ..preferably sooner than later?

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!