> nslookup deprecated? Rats.

Good riddence.

> Yes, it's useful. I like nslookup. (Plus I feel that dig is pretty verbose,
> but maybe there's a flag to control that that I've been too lazy to look
> for.)

I guess it depends on application.  If you need to know the nuts and bolts
of a query, use dig.  If you only need a quick resolution use host.

The problem (for me anyways) was that what you asked for from nslookup need
not be what it returned.  You would ask it to query one nameserver and it would
for no apparent reason ignore your request and use nameservers in your
resolve file.