--- On Thu, 11/8/11, Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

     From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
     Subject: Re: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Lute Strings for theorbo
     To: "Lute Dmth" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "baroque Lutelist"
     <baroque-l...@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "howard posner"
     <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
     Date: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 17:16

   Well, dear Howard, I think we know your own view from much earlier
   exchanges. Is it that any size of theorbo would have had the top two
   courses an octave down since there was a wide range of Church pitches
   at the time? Thus somehow justifying modern theorboes in A with a
   string length in the mid 70s having both course one and two an octave
   down - even at A415 or A440 ..........

   Or perhaps I misunderstood you - I'm sure you'll tell me and give the
   evidence if so.

   MH
   PS  Did the film contain any theorbos fitting to its title?