Dear Chris,

you are right of course. The justification level is very high here :)

If one cuts to the chase though, I think that there are several discussions
going on at the same time in this thread.

1. The HIP discussion
2. The personal approach discussion
3. The nails - no nails discussion
4. The gut versus no or partial gut discussion
5. The lute versus guitar discussion
6. The Segovia-Bream-Hoppy discussion

as well as a few others.

So, a real amalgam of discussions in just the one thread!

Great! It clarifies many things, at least for me, and like sometimes
happens, a few golden nuggets pop up.

Its usually very difficult to concentrate on just one topic in an internet
thread. It quickly seems to branch out into a whole tree. Happens all the
time. Sometimes sooner than later. But that's OK. That's how life is like.

We are so lucky to have so many truly knowledgeable, funny, dedicated,
empathetic people on this list. I'm glad to be a lurker!

Thanks, and happy holidays to all!

G.

PS.

HIGHEST OT WARNING!!!

I highly recommend watching the BBC documentary "Surviving progress" on youtube.
Its really thought-provoking!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Wilke" <chriswi...@yahoo.com>