From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
gary
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:44 AM
To: lutelist
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Bream Collection... I just noticed

Recently, a message was posted referring to Andres Segovia as a "bully".
I think that's a little harsh, I know it's become popular to bash Segovia and
that he had a huge ego, but I don't recall him actually bullying anyone into
agreeing with his views. It seems to me that he just expressed his views and
his admirers, of which there were many, gleefully adopted them as guitar
gospel, bedazzled by his mastery of the guitar. I have never heard of any
actual bullying on Segovia's part.
Rather, the onus for any intimidation would be on the shear number and ardor of
his admirers.

Gary