   EMail: [1]john.mardi...@asu.edu
   Cell: [2]408-921-3253 (does not work in TEM labs)
   But don't call the lab....I won't be there!

   On Aug 5, 2016, at 11:25 AM, [3]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk wrote:

   But on the other hand you can listen to almost anything on You Tube.
   Whenever our choirmaster comes up with a new anthem or mass setting or
   the vicar discovers another hymn we haven't had before I can usually
   find a recording of it instantly available on You Tube when I get home
   from church.  You pays your money and takes your choice.   Whether the
   artists make any money out of it is another matter.
   As ever
   MOnica
   ----Original Message----
   From: [4]john.mardi...@asu.edu
   Date: 05/08/2016 17:25
   To: "M Hall"<[5]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
   Cc: "LutList"<[6]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>, "Martyn Hodgson"
   <[7]hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
   Subj: [LUTE] Re: Protocol was Re: Privacy
   To me, the real tragedy of YouTube is that they pander to some of the
     lowest forms of entertainment imaginable. I have, unfortunately
   learned
     about some of them from my 14 year old daughter. Top of the trash
   heap
     is PewDiePie, a purveyor of profanity, stupidity and trash with 42
     million subscribers and an income from YouTube of approximately $14
     Million dollars per year. My daughter is addicted to "Dan and Phil",
     panderers of senseless nonsense who earn $6 Million per year from
     1.6 million subscribers. The list goes on and on ad nauseum. The old
     adage that TV was the vast wasteland has been replaced by YouTube
   being
     the vast wasteland. Whatever promise existed in the past for
   lutenists
     to make some money on YouTube could be very well obliterated by
     this assault from low budget, low skill set potty-mouthed amateurs
     commandeering the attention of the juvenile audience.
     A. John Mardinly, Ph.D., P.E.
     Retired Principal Materials Nanoanalysis Engineer
     EMail: [1][8]john.mardi...@asu.edu