On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 02:31:27AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Dear list,

> I've pushed the patches that we discussed.

First of all, congrats on your push! I am now enjoying the improvements
you just committed and I am looking forward to your future work on LyX.
You already seem to have an excellent understanding of some of LyX's
components.

> * f3008c30 and 4d1ad336 are suitable for stable. Shall I commit them?

The person who will decide is the branch maintainer, who is Richard. If
it is not code that he feels qualified to judge, he either asks someone
else to confirm the code is safe or asks you if you are confident.

> * Am I responsible for updating the release notes? If so, do all the
> little
> bug fixes have to be mentioned?

I am still unsure how to go about this. From what I understand, whenever
committing to branch, you should always update status.21x. As for
master, when I know that one of my commits will *not* be backported to
branch, I look at RELEASE-NOTES and see if the change belongs to one of
the categories. Unfortunately I think there are a lot of changes that
should be documented in RELEASE-NOTES that are not. I know I am
sometimes guilty of forgetting to do it.

> * Where should I commit po files? I vaguely remember reading somewhere
> that
> these should be against stable, do I remember correctly and in that
> case is
> it better to commit to master at the same time?
>
> * I would like to discuss another set of patches that makes it
> convenient to
> navigate within floats: see <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9759>. To
> test
> the patch please compare the behaviour, before and after, of the
> navigation
> menus and of the outliner, in the presence of floats with 1)
> subfloats, 2)
> multiple captions, 3) a total number of floats and subfloats of the
> same
> type > 30. Detailed changes are in the patch header, as usual. Would
> you
> prefer that I post directly the patches on the list in the future?
>
> * I am going to commit a few others smaller patches if there is no
> objection:
>
> <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9762> Math commands used in text mode
> should
> use the current selection as contents : already tested by Scott but in
> an
> earlier message Georg also commented and I did not get whether he had
> any
> objection (I did not get a follow-up to my reply).
>
> <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9364> MathData::updateMacros() breaks
> text
> selection and search/replace : I believe that these two calls to
> clearSelection() are not (or no longer) useful. I am very happy to see
> this
> bug gone.
>
> <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9757> Insets should not be inline if
> they
> contain a displayed inset : an inset occupies the full available width
> if it
> contains displayed insets, but for the exception of lone displayed
> insets
> which are shown inline (example: a displayed math in a note). The
> solution
> is to check explicitly whether the first sub-inset is a display. Small
> discussion in the bug report.

I don't know the response to your other questions.

Scott