Le 13/09/2015 21:52, Richard Heck a écrit :
On 09/12/2015 10:19 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 02:31:27AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
I've pushed the patches that we discussed.
First of all, congrats on your push! I am now enjoying the
improvements you just committed and I am looking forward to your
future work on LyX. You already seem to have an excellent
understanding of some of LyX's components.

Seconded.

Thank you.

* f3008c30 and 4d1ad336 are suitable for stable. Shall I commit
them?
The person who will decide is the branch maintainer, who is
Richard. If it is not code that he feels qualified to judge, he
either asks someone else to confirm the code is safe or asks you if
you are confident.

And yes, they are fine. But...

* Am I responsible for updating the release notes? If so, do all
the little bug fixes have to be mentioned?
I am still unsure how to go about this. From what I understand,
whenever committing to branch, you should always update
status.21x.

...do make sure to do this for stable.

Done.

I think one does NOT need to update RELEASE-NOTES for fixes that also
go to stable, since they are documented in status.21x. Only changes
that are master-only need to go there, and these are usually feature
 additions, behavior changes, and the like.

I read:

  !Important Changes in LyX 2.2.0

  (: This file lists interface changes that might affect users in
  2.2.0, some known problems in LyX 2.2.0 and some things you have to
  take into account when upgrading from earlier versions to a version
  of the 2.2.x series. :)

It looks for mostly to be for important changes that might affect users, known problems, caveats when upgrading... Where do I advertise new feature like improvements to the source panel? Where is the file that make people happy about downloading the new version?

(Also I imagine that the markup ! vs !! vs !!! means section/subsection etc. but it's not really clear.)

Guillaume