Le 14/09/2015 02:44, Guillaume Munch a écrit :
I read:

   !Important Changes in LyX 2.2.0

   (: This file lists interface changes that might affect users in
   2.2.0, some known problems in LyX 2.2.0 and some things you have to
   take into account when upgrading from earlier versions to a version
   of the 2.2.x series. :)

It looks for mostly to be for important changes that might affect users,
known problems, caveats when upgrading... Where do I advertise new
feature like improvements to the source panel? Where is the file that
make people happy about downloading the new version?

Advertising is in NEWS and and the wiki (we could try to make this available in About LyX too). This one is more a technical reference for people who have customized LyX by hand. It is useful to us too.

(Also I imagine that the markup ! vs !! vs !!! means section/subsection
etc. but it's not really clear.)

Take a look at the about LyX dialog to see what the result is.