On 09/12/2015 10:19 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 02:31:27AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
I've pushed the patches that we discussed.
First of all, congrats on your push! I am now enjoying the improvements
you just committed and I am looking forward to your future work on LyX.
You already seem to have an excellent understanding of some of LyX's
components.

Seconded.

* f3008c30 and 4d1ad336 are suitable for stable. Shall I commit them?
The person who will decide is the branch maintainer, who is Richard. If
it is not code that he feels qualified to judge, he either asks someone
else to confirm the code is safe or asks you if you are confident.

And yes, they are fine. But...

* Am I responsible for updating the release notes? If so, do all the
little bug fixes have to be mentioned?
I am still unsure how to go about this. From what I understand, whenever
committing to branch, you should always update status.21x.

...do make sure to do this for stable.

I think one does NOT need to update RELEASE-NOTES for fixes that also go to stable, since they are documented in status.21x. Only changes that are master-only need to go there, and these are usually feature additions, behavior changes, and the like.

Richard