Le 14/09/2015 01:00, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:39:38AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 13/09/2015 12:55, Georg Baum a écrit :
Guillaume Munch wrote:

* Where should I commit po files? I vaguely remember reading
somewhere that these should be against stable, do I remember
correctly and in that case is it better to commit to master at the
same time?

Note that you do not need to change po files if you don't want to
(even if you change translatable strings). There are some developers
who take care of this. If you want to be nice and change the po
files, then I am actually unsure how the recommended procedure is.

I will need the correct procedure; otherwise I am just going to assume
in the future that I can commit po files to stable and master at once.

Whatever is decided should be documented in lib/doc/Development.lyx. If
you have the interest, Guillaume, anything you wish to add to
Development.lyx that you've found confusing about joining Lyx's
development would be great. I think there are a lot of unwritten
practices we have that make it complicated for newcommers. One of the
goals of having that file is that newcommers can have a central place to
look for our practices.

Scott

I have found a great deal of information already on the website and the repository.

One thing that would have helped was to have emacs configuration files with the correct coding style that you use.

For instance my .emacs now reads (omitting irrelevant parts):

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(c-basic-indent 2)
 '(column-number-mode t)
 '(indent-tabs-mode nil)
 '(safe-local-variable-values
   (quote
    ((c-set-offset
      (quote innamespace)
      0)
     (c-set-style . "bsd"))))
 '(save-place t nil (saveplace))
 '(shell-command-switch "-lc" t)
 '(show-paren-mode t)
 '(tab-width 2))

;; c++ style for lyx-devel
(defun my-c-setup ()
   (c-set-offset 'innamespace [0]))
(add-hook 'c++-mode-hook 'my-c-setup)

and the .dir-locals.el reads:

 ((nil . ((indent-tabs-mode . t)
         (tab-width . 4)
         (fill-column . 80)))
 (c-mode . ((c-file-style . "BSD")
            (c-basic-offset . 4)
            (c-set-style . "bsd")))
 (c++-mode . ((c-basic-offset . 4)
              (c-set-style . "bsd")))
 )

I can add the files to the repository, but has anybody something better to suggest?

Guillaume