Le 11/04/2014 10:02, Vincent van Ravesteijn a écrit :

I found two French texts on the subject:

http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/lfr_0023-8368_2000_num_126_1_989?_Prescripts_Search_tabs1=standard&;
http://www.filecluster.fr/logiciel/OTableau-151858.html

Maybe it is such a specialized field that the suffix (OT) is clear to
everyone ? Or maybe you can translate it as "tableau optimalité
théorie".

Vincent

Well, I mean:

"Tableau" -> "Tableau"
"List of Tableaux" -> "Liste des tableaux optimalité théorie"

I parsed the first French document that you pointed out. I would prefer thus

"Tableau" -> "Tableau phonologique"
"List of Tableaux" -> "Liste des tableaux phonologiques"

Jürgen , what do you think? Would "phonological" be approprioate in English if an ambiguity was to be solved ?

I will update the linguistics manual if you agree.

Vincent, thanks a lot for finding this reference, I guess you have other things to worry about to-day...

--
Jean-Pierre