Virgil Arrington said on Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:24:04 +0000

> LibreOffice makes learning new things much
>easier than LyX/LaTeX. Generally speaking, every LO function can be
>found by exploring its extensive menus and/or toolbars. Like a
>multiple choice test, the right answer is somewhere on the page, and
>such exploration is generally how I learn new things in LO. I just
>search the menu structure until I find what I need.

After importing my 300 page book from MS Word to LibreOffice, I
looked extensively in the menu system, in the help docs, and on the
Internet to resolve my magically changing styles problem, all to no
avail.

LibreOffice is just fine if you don't use styles, but who would not use
styles when working with a large document?

Working with LibreOffice reminds me of programming with gotos: It's
easy and obvious, but as the things scale, at a certain point it
collapses under its own weight.

SteveT

Steve Litt