Hi Jürgen,
Thank you for the message. As for my time usage, I have already built the
external converter, because I have books that are on a publishing schedule,
and they need to get out there. My question is where I go from here. I'm
not sure if the LyX team realizes just how many self-publishing authors are
out there in the world. It is a very large number. When I joined the
Self-Publishing School (with thousands of students all writing books), I
found that nobody even knew about LyX. I think authors should be using LyX,
but it needs to be easier, and EPUB/Kindle is absolutely mandatory.

I am willing to talk with the guy who is writing the EPUB output, and help
him make it better. Even if only to serve as a consultant, since a) I'm a
developer with decades of experience, b) I'm a published book author, and
c) I've written a fully-working external converter from LyXHTML to EPUB.
Given all of that, I think I can be of service to the LyX project, at least
in some capacity. Can you please put me in touch with the individual that I
should speak with?

Many thanks,
*Ken Kopelson*
(619) 733-3374