Hi Steve,

I think that not every one of us has the same kind of needs as you. For
example, for a basic user like me, a “good enough” converter that gives me the
ability to easily create reasonable ePub and Kindle books would definitely be
useful. Sometimes PDF is not the most convenient format.

I agree that HTML export from LyX is not perfect (even without entering the
strict semantical markup area, since I do not have needs that yet pushed me in
there, I understand that it is your case) and I had to write a full set of
scripts to tweak the output to make it beautiful enough to my eyes and correct
some errors generated by Elyxer (I prefer the output by Elyxer to the native
one because its author had a keen sense of esthetics and it is beautiful out of
the box in my case). I nevertheless use LyX as my main editing platform because
it is a fantastic tool and I am sincerely grateful to all the people who have
contributed to its development.

Consequently, I would be happy to test any ePUB output system to check if it is
“good enough” for me.

Thank you for your efforts Ken. I think that the lyx-devel list would be a good
place to start. Unfortunately, it is a closed list as far as I know. But they
also listed to lyx-users and probably some of the developers could give you
good pointers towards people in charge of this part of the conversion tools.

Best regards,

Murat

Prof. Murat Yildizoglu

Université de Bordeaux