Hi,

I'm just in the process of setting up my new computer with Windows XP.  I
installed the latest MikTex and LyX, opened my first file which I created in
version 1.6.0, scrolled down, and it crashed in exactly the way you
describe.  Three eps figures were causing me problems, and it turns out that
they had all been scaled to 50%.  All three were the same size at 1009x756
pixels, in landscape orientation.  Scaling to 49 or 51 % does not cause the
crash.  I can email you one of the files if you like.

As an aside, every time I save the preferences, the maximized LyX window
shrinks to the previously unmaximized size, but the border remains
unsizable.  I have to click restore and then maximize to get back to using
the full screen.

While I have your attention, I am still at a loss why I can't get a response
from the lyx ftp server.  If any of you have any ideas to offer in response
to my query several days ago I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Anton