On Sep 23, 2009, at 4:57 PM, James C. Sutherland wrote:

On Sep 23, 2009, at 8:50 AM, Stefano Baroni wrote:

Hi All. It seems that having a version of LyX working poperly on OS X 10.6 may require some time.

Do you confirm that the only feature not working properly is autosave?

That has been my observation.

Thanks

Do you confirm that by disabling autosave LyX 1.6.4.1 works all right on MAC OS X 10.6?

No. It seems that even by disabling autosave, LyX still attempts to perform autosaving and the "crash" still occurs. However, this is little more than an annoyance since the app doesn't actually crash and no work is lost.

I understand, but this sounds like an annoyance that I am not ready to accept. I will delay for a while the upgrade to OS X 10.6. If this problem is not solved in a few weeks, I am afraid I will have then to choose between LyX and Snow Leopard. Personally, I have the impression that many mac os x users will consider this a serious annoyance. Let's wait and see ...

Can any of the developers find a way of completely disabling autosave? This would seem to me an acceptable compromise. I am ready to manually save my own work, but not to be notified at random times that something is going wrong, even if (almost) everything is going all right ...

Thanks to all again
SB

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA & DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la pensée - Jean Piaget