On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Graham M Smith <graham.sm...@myotis.co.uk>wrote:

> Rob
>
>  But are there other things that you would like to see?  The standard LyX
>> documentation is so good that I've found myself struggling to find other
>> topics that need to be covered, other than a tremendously quick overview
>> of the program and instructions on where to find the docs.
>>

> I wonder if something on Lyx/Sweave/R/Beamer might be useful. This
> combination is unbeatable (and I think unique, ignoring working with
> straight Latex) for anyone with scientific/statistics  related
> teaching/writing/presentations to do, but not immediately obvious how to get
> working, especially  with beamer (I am still trying to sort that out).

I absolute second that. I created a slides for an R course in LyX, using
exactly this combination. But I think, there are some points to be ironed
out, e.g. that the converters for R need to be entered manually in LyX and
that many frames I had to enter in ERT boxes, as I did not manage it with
normal LyX frames.

In essence, brilliant combination, but sometimes quite cryptic problems,
which require ERT boxes in LyX - but I love this combination

Rainer

> Graham

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Cell:           +27 - (0)83 9479 042
Fax:            +27 - (0)86 516 2782
Fax:            +49 - (0)721 151 334 888
email:          rai...@krugs.de

Skype:          RMkrug
Google:         r.m.k...@gmail.com