Actually, I have switched away from Miktex on Windows to TexLive, to make my Windows and Linux Latexs more similar to each other.
EK

On 06/25/2011 10:05 AM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

On 06/24/2011 08:22 PM, William Hanson wrote:
I have a folder named "MIKTEX2.7 in Program Files, so I suppose I'm using MiKTeX.
You are.  Pretty much everyone on Windows is.
But I know very little about how LyX works. Also, I don't know what you mean when you say, "open a command prompt and run 'kpsewhich article.cls' ".
Click Start > Run (or hold down the Windows key and hit R) and type 'cmd', then click the button to do it (I forget what the button says, probably "Ok" or "Run"). That should open a window with a DOS prompt. At the prompt, type 'kpsewhich article.cls' and see what happens. Don't type the single quotes (') either place.

Paul