It's a text file.  You can open it with either Notepad or Wordpad.

Paul

On 06/27/2011 01:32 PM, William Hanson wrote:
I can't open the file textclass.lst in either 1.6.7 or 2.0. I get a message from Pareto File Cure saying that I don't have the proper application to open lst files. I get a similar message from Windows.

Bill

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net <mailto:rgh...@comcast.net>> wrote:

    On 06/26/2011 05:54 PM, William Hanson wrote:
    > Richard, Paul

    > 1.  No, I can't produce pdf output in LyX 2.0.
    > 2.  "In each version of LyX, what do you see in the "Converter" and
    > "Extra flag" fields when you go to Tools > Preferences... > File
    > Handling > Converters and highlight "LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF
    > (pdflatex)"?"
    > In 1.6.7 I see "pdflatex $$i" in Converter and "latex" in Extra
    Flag.
    > In 2.0.0 I see "pdflatex $$i" in Converter and "latex=pdflatex" in
    > Extra Flag.
    > 3.  "What do you see when you highlight "LaTeX (plain) -> DVI"?"  (I
    > assume Paul means "LaTeX (plain) -> DraftDVI".)
    > In 1.6.7 I see "pplatex" in Converter and "latex" in Extra Flag.
    > In 2.0.0 I see "pplatex" in Converter and "latex" in Extra Flag.

    Let's try something else: We'll trick LyX into thinking these classes
    are installed and then see what happens.

    In your LyX user directory (again, you can find this from Help>About),
    there is a file textclass.lst. This is the file that tells LyX what
    classes and packages are installed, etc. In it, you should find a line
    that looks like this:

    "article" "article" "article" "false" ""

    Change "false" to "true", close the file and restart LyX. Can you
    convert now? If so, then the issue is purely with the
    configuration routine.

    Richard