On 06/26/2011 05:54 PM, William Hanson wrote:
> Richard, Paul

> 1.  No, I can't produce pdf output in LyX 2.0.
> 2.  "In each version of LyX, what do you see in the "Converter" and
> "Extra flag" fields when you go to Tools > Preferences... > File
> Handling > Converters and highlight "LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF
> (pdflatex)"?"
> In 1.6.7 I see "pdflatex $$i" in Converter and "latex" in Extra Flag.
> In 2.0.0 I see "pdflatex $$i" in Converter and "latex=pdflatex" in
> Extra Flag.
> 3.  "What do you see when you highlight "LaTeX (plain) -> DVI"?"  (I
> assume Paul means "LaTeX (plain) -> DraftDVI".)
> In 1.6.7 I see "pplatex" in Converter and "latex" in Extra Flag.
> In 2.0.0 I see "pplatex" in Converter and "latex" in Extra Flag.

Let's try something else: We'll trick LyX into thinking these classes
are installed and then see what happens.

In your LyX user directory (again, you can find this from Help>About),
there is a file textclass.lst. This is the file that tells LyX what
classes and packages are installed, etc. In it, you should find a line
that looks like this:

"article" "article" "article" "false" ""

Change "false" to "true", close the file and restart LyX. Can you
convert now? If so, then the issue is purely with the configuration routine.

Richard