I don't remember doing anything to MiKTeX when I reinstalled 2.0.0 this
morning.  And MiKTeX still appears at C:\Documents and
Settings\whanson\Local Settings\Application Data\MiKTeX 2.7.

I cannot execute cmd C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application Data\lyx20.
When I try I get "Application is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program, or batch file."  Could this be because my DOS
prompt always comes up as

C:\Documents and Settings\whanson>

I'm unable to get rid of the ">", and when I put "\" after it and try to
continue, I get the error message.  And I'm unable to get the DOS prompt
back to just plain C:\.  Maybe I've forgotten something really simple about
DOS.

Bill