On 8/05/2014 6:25 p.m., Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

    You have quoted the behavior of other environments as the
    reference for the "Frame" environment. If I am in a, for example,
    "Problem" environment and I want to get out of it into the
    standard environment, all I have to do is issue a couple of returns.

Could you describe this in detail? Which document class, what kind of "Problem" environment? If I use Problem from the Theorems module (or Theorem from Beamer itself or similar), multiple returns do not get me to Standard. The environment does not change. This is not to say that we could not implement this (I see this point), but I do not see the behavior now. Generally, Frame should not differ in behavior from other environments. It is implemented as all other environments.

Regards
Jürgen

Environments like LyX-Code, Quotation, Quote, Verse and the four list environments all resolve to Standard on two returns. (But Verbatim doesn't. Perhaps it should?)

Andrew