Gretchen Summers wrote:
I have used a spyware diagnostic tool, which in the past did find some
programs which it said were spyware.  I have a problem paying for the
removal tool which most require.

When it is shutting down, the icons disappear from the menu bar at the
bottom, and then it just stops. If I try to launch something, it
tells me it is in the process of shutting down, but nothing happens. Then if I try to shut down a second or third time, it doesn't appear
to do anything. It's not really frozen because I can use the mouse,
etc. I never get the "you can now turn off your computer" message,
but I never did before. It would just shut down.