I doubt the source of the problem will show up in the running programs list,
most likely it's a running process. Try bringing up the task manager and
get a screen shot of the processes or write the list in here. I might recognise
some of the processes as I've had problems with my system not shutting down
before (sometimes power management issues, sometimes something running in
the background that wouldn't quit).