Yeah interesting,

Tha’ts a pain in the ass,

I just fgave it a try and the lwer case when should be numbers is a problem.

From: 'Tim Kilburn' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 17 October 2019 3:56 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: sound loss in iOS 13.1.2

Hi,

If you have Handwriting enabled in your rotor, then you are able to enter your
pass-code using handwriting on your iPhone/iPad screen.  When the pass-code is
up, twist your rotor once to the right, then enter the numbers on the screen as
if you were printing them.  this is actually a very secure way of entering the
pass-code in public situations as the numbers are not announced aloud like they
are when entering them in the normal way.  Now, all this being said, Apple
needs to fix the handwriting feature right now as well due to the fact that it
defaults to lower case instead of numbers when the pass-code is ready to be
entered.  Swipe down with three fingers twice to change from lower case to
numbers.

Again, this is just a workaround, and Apple does need to fix the sound loss
problem, as well as the handwriting silliness, but it does make it possible for
a blind user to do things in multiple ways.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)
Jamf Certified Associate
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Oct 16, 2019, at 08:20, João de Sousa e Silva