The head was replaced and the engine rebuilt at some time in the car’s past.  I
don’t have details yet but I’m getting them shortly.  He says there’s a good 3"
thick file folder of service records.

This guy buys really, really nice examples of MBs and then spends whatever
necessary to bring them up to 110%.  He’s done this with the intent to keep
them, but his business is growing exponentially and he started a family
recently.  As you might expect, time available for MB fun and games has pretty
much evaporated, so he’s thinning out the herd.

He’s the one I bought the 94 S420 from.  It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly
one of the nicest W140s I’ve seen of its vintage in a long time.

Dan