Dan, What was the verdict? Was it a one day sale? If not, maybe you shoulda shimmed the alda and added 2-3 PSI boost. Rolferize it for her.
Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM
Wife has mentioned that her SL500 had died on her several times of late. Yesterday for the first time while stopped at a light. Started right back up. Today it did it twice, both times starting right back up.

Hmm.

As I'm thinking about putting it on the DAS/Xentry tonight and checking codes, it occurs to me that this is a classic crankshaft position sensor failure coming on.

Go to Amazon for the Bosch part - none to be found through Prime, meaning everyone else is shipping to arrive next week. Check the FLAPS, no one has one. Call NAPA - nothing in the state.

It's 4:30, and I know my dealer parts guy is already gone for the day, but I call anyway.

Cutoff for VOR orders is 4:45. Got one in Jacksonville and it will be here at 7:00 am tomorrow. About $80 my cost, but the Bosch equivalent is $50 and overnight or express shipping would have made it that much or maybe more.

Here's the convert part:

Gonna give the wife the 350SDL to drive tomorrow. She's never driven it, or a diesel, since my 1979 300TD. I told her once she got out of the neighborhood she should drive it like she stole it.

This will be interesting.

Dan