I guess my question was more related to how much the fluid expands when it heats up.  If a lot, then yeah I see how temp and level relate.  But if it doesn't expand much, then temp doesn't change the overall level.  But as Curley points out, lower fluid level will cause higher temps of the fluid, but that is due to low fluid.

--FT