well that makes sense in that particular case and would work for the other cars as long as the stick is calibrated for the specific transmission which is what I was trying to say but no was watching my hands. :-)

Manfred

Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
What difference does that make if you have no reference point as to how far the
temperature stick is in the container?

The non-fitting stick for the 210 is pan-bottom-referenced, and there are two
scales on it.
One for room temperature, and one for operating temperature.  They're quite
different.

-- Jim