Am 02/18/15 um 13:51 schrieb Marc Espie:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 02:44:42PM -0800, Gene wrote:
>> quirks-2.52 signed on 2015-02-14T12:43:06Z
>> Error from
>> http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/curl-7.40.0.tgz
>> ftp: connect: No route to host
>>
>> It's using ftp. I'm not familiar with how package management works with
>> OpenBSD, so I don't know if this is a weird quirk of the pkg_add command or
>> if he's not setting his package source properly.
>
> pkg_add does not do network connections directly for protocols where ftp(1)
> does know how to deal.
>
> pkg_add, however, closes connections aggressively when it's got the info
> it needs. If, somehow, your ftp setup is broken, then you might overflow
> the server with 100s of connections.
>
> Just do something like:
>
> ftp
> http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/curl-7.40.0.tgz
>
> (manually)
>
> close it halfway thru using ^C. If you don't see the connection being
> terminated
> properly, then you don't need to look further. That's your whole issue.
>
> or do it on something larger like
> http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/texlive_base-2013p3.tgz
>
> so that you have time to abort before the whole transfer is finished.

OK: To rule out any implications I disabled the http-proxy in my
.profile first.

I checked for
- ftp ftp://...
- ftp http://...

Both connections were terminated after 95 seconds (according to pftop)
after closing with ^C.

Now with http-proxy-variable being unset I gave 'pkg_add' another try:

With 145 open connections the connection to the internet was lost.