On 11/30/15 8:43 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 2:34 PM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> These days the CD revenue is about what a cashier at a store makes.
>
> Uncertain of the veracity of this site,
>
> http://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Cashier/Hourly_Rate/725daaa6/Entry-Level-Calgary-AB
>
> I was wrong.  the CD revenue is far less.  The cashier makes more.

Sorry to read that!

Got every CD from when I started, only missing 2.1, 2.2 and 2.4 on my
self. And a few copy of the same are there too and given to friends.

The good news if any, is that Gifts are tax free in Canada, so that part
is helpful and users should fell they get more out of their money freely
given as a gift.

http://www.taxtips.ca/personaltax/giftsandinheritances.htm

Now to be clear Theo, are donation via the paypal on the donations page
are directly to you and you can do as you see fit, and/or only checks
would be best?

I know that was discuss a few times on this list, just try to be clear
as it is now, and I can setup paypal and do recurring gifts to
compensate some for the sad CD sales reduction and if so, I sure would
encourage users to do the same so that you can continue to do what you
love and what we all benefit from obviously!

I know first hand that most of the time work of love is not always well
paid!

Last thing I want to see is you loose your Love and Passion for my
favorite OS that even pass to my sons and one see why and start to be a
big advocate of it as well.

Nice to see family traditions be pass around like this, so I want to
make sure this continue so that may be my grand son will use it too! (:>

I know I will tell in him/here the old days, that's what grandpa used! (:>

Daniel