Hi Thorsten, David, and all

% As others have said, you cannot set your comments apart by using a
% different quote sign.
% As others have noticed, uniqueness is a Bad Thing in today's email
% environment.

Well, the one and only argument of David is the uniqueness? Then let's
defeat it.

I suggest that everyone adds these two lines in his muttrc:

  send-hook .                      'set indent_string="> "'
  send-hook '~x @sector13'         'set indent_string="% "'

This way, for every discussion David is involved in, the uniqueness of
"% " will disappear. Perhaps he will then change his mind...

PS: just kidding  ;)
PPS: oh my, I cannot believe I've used this awful indent_string!  :/
--
Cedric