On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:39:29AM -0500, David T-G (dis)graced my inbox with:
> % Hi,
>
> Hello!

'sup?

> % As others have noticed, uniqueness is a Bad Thing in today's email
> % environment.
>
> Admitted -- but I also see room for flexibility and configuration
> choices.  I mean, c'mon, LookOut! will even handle %_ gracefully (well,
> as gracefully as it can handle anything)!

The only thing LookOut! handles gracefully is virus propagation :)

> % quoting level. (It was also made easier by compulsory clear names.)
> % This was very useful, since you could see with one look who wrote the
> % quote (not who quoted it). It was color-coded of course. Nobody had
>
> Sure.  That sounds like Rob's argument, though.

Just you wait! Soon, we'll all be using our unique quoting characters!
Everybody will have a different one!! MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

;D

> % any problems, because everyone either used Crosspoint or started using
> % it very soon, so it was accepted standard.
>
> Great!  I predict the same thing with %_ and mutt.  I look forward to the
> time when 80% of everyone else will use mutt right along with us -- and
> perhaps find the world a better place as well.

I don't see that happening. Given most people's utter dependence on GUIs
(just look at Macs), I don't think mutt will ever get 80% of the MUA
market share. It may get to be 80% of _*nix_ users MUA of choice, but
unless *nix (Linux, BSD, whatever) gets really mainstream, it won't
happen.

> % Your mails are as ineffective as outlooked mails with the answer
> % following the questions.
>
> Oooh, that was way harsh.

I didn't like that comment, either. It's a quote string! Get over it!

> Fair enough.  There are probably a lot of variables that you don't
> need, then.  Maybe I should petition to get % added to the default list
> so that you will be able to read my mail.

I'd sign that petition ;)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
[EMAIL PROTECTED]