* Rob 'Feztaa' Park ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:39:29AM -0500, David T-G (dis)graced my
> inbox with:
>
> > Great!  I predict the same thing with %_ and mutt.  I look forward
> > to the time when 80% of everyone else will use mutt right along with
> > us -- and perhaps find the world a better place as well.
>
> I don't see that happening. Given most people's utter dependence on
> GUIs (just look at Macs), I don't think mutt will ever get 80% of the
> MUA market share. It may get to be 80% of _*nix_ users MUA of choice,
> but unless *nix (Linux, BSD, whatever) gets really mainstream, it
> won't happen.

With Evolution?  No way.  The best we can hope (and push) for is to have
some good standards set out and implimented.

Personally I'm looking to get Mail-Followup-To supported in Microdot-II,
and probably Yam (both Amiga clients).

> I didn't like that comment, either. It's a quote string! Get over it!

I just hit <F2> and they magically turn into '> ' :)

> > Fair enough.  There are probably a lot of variables that you don't
> > need, then.  Maybe I should petition to get % added to the default
> > list so that you will be able to read my mail.
>
> I'd sign that petition ;)

Let's just get it set to a constant so evil users can't change it.  Oh,
and close source the part of the code containing it, and add anti-pirate
code to it.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  http://www.aagh.net/