First, let me correct an error in what I said before. The result of hitting "tasks dependent on this" is not a popup, it's a genuine view. In other words, you could create a tab called "soon", load the All Tasks view into the tab, find the SOON task, right click it and select "tasks dependent on this". The result would be that the Soon tab contains a view that will always show you tasks dependent on the Soon task.

In other news

To create this tab without using the mouse,
1. Be sure that you are using what's called a Windows keyboard, which has a key with the four-paned Windows logo (called the Windows key) and another key with what looks like a cursor pointing to a menu (called the Menu key) 2. select a task such as the soon task, by arrowing up and down or any other method. Verify that the task is highlighted and that its details are in the task details sidebar on the right.
3. hit the Menu key on the keyboard to bring up the menu
4. type a "t" to select the "tasks that depend on this" menu option

To make a task dependent on the Soon task without using the mouse
1. Make sure you have a Windows keyboard (as above)
2. select that task that you want to see become dependent
3. hit alt/6 a few times and see the Dependencies section on the right opening and closing. Stop hitting Alt/6 while the dependencies section is open
4. Without hitting any other keys, hit the menu key to bring up a menu
5. Type "a" to select Add Dependency and bring up a popup task selection window 6. Using your favorite navigation method find the desired trigger task such as Soon and select/highlight it
7. hit Enter to create a dependency on the selected task

-Dwight